WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Melanin Medics Medical School Representatives
What’s the role?
The Medical School Representative works to champion our cause in their respective university. We believe it is imperative for the African-Caribbeans medical students to support each other and cultivate an environment that will ultimately breed success. This role will last for 1 academic year. We understand that as a medical student time is of the essence, so please note that this role is flexible and our team are here to support you every step of the way.
What does this role entail?
- Collate useful resources for African Caribbean Medical Students at your university
- Promote MM events and Medical Students Network
- Point of contact for African Caribbean Medical Students especially 1st years at your university
As this role is flexible, here are some suggestions of things you may do with the support of the Melanin Medics Team:
- Organise study sessions
- Organise socials
- Facilitate networking events with healthcare professionals in your region
- Volunteer or organise outreach events
What’s is in it for me?
- Excellent experience
- Great transferable skills
- A chance to network and build relationships with African Caribbean Medical Students & Doctors
- A chance to create positive change for African Caribbean medical students
- Have a say in what national events we do
- Free entry to our events
Key Skills for MM Representatives
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Approachable/ Friendly
- Willing to learn
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for this role you will need to be:
- African Caribbean Medical Student
- In year 2 or above
- Studying in a UK Medical School
- Part of our Medical Students Network
How to Apply